Two posts in two days! What’s the occasion?, you ask. Well now, I was nominated for the Stylish Blogger Award. So I’m celebrating with some verbal diarrhea! I was nominated by Ian at The $#!& I Think About. Yeah, I’m married to him…you think I’m going to let a little nepotism stop me from receiving an award?? That’s just not my style…
Speaking of style, most people who know me in my offline life recognize me as “the least possible stylish person on the face of the planet”…which is better than being “the least possible stylish person beneath the surface of the planet”. I just like to call it my own style. And that style is either ahead of the curve, or pitifully behind. Maybe a little of both…
Even my blogging style is erratic at best. I’m a go with the flow kind of person. Not necessarily wishy-washy in opinion…but certainly not as stubborn and rigid as some people may think I am (though there are things I don’t bend on – I HATE mushrooms!).
I think that before I go too far into stuff that isn’t related to this award, I’ll get down to the guidelines for receiving it. Winners of The Stylish Blogger Award must list five of their favourite things, and then pass the award along to five worthy bloggers. Easy as pie.
Which isn’t easy, by the way. Do you know how complicated making pie can be? Especially if you don’t have the required 9-inch pie plate that every recipe calls for? Ugh. Oh, and pi isn’t exactly easy either…try memorizing that sucker past about 10 numbers. I still need to look it up.
Since Ian didn’t use up one of his slots with mentioning our relationship as a favourite thing, but acknowledged it beforehand…I’ll do the same. Love you honey! Wow…that just sounded awkward. We don’t exactly do the pet name thing…lemme try that again. Love you my little undead zombie monkey…there! So much less awkward, right? On to my other favourites…
- Massive Attack – They’re the band that I named my blog for, and have been one of my favourites, if not the favourite band of the past decade and a half. I finally had the good fortune (aka money, transportation, timing, knowledge of the event prior to the event) of seeing them live last May with Ian. They put on a phenomenal show and I hope to be able to see them at least once more before they stop touring. If you watch House, they are responsible for the theme song. They’ve released a bunch of albums and loads of singles. Come to think of it, I don’t know why I’ve never dedicated a post to them before and posted my pictures!
- Comedy – Be it stand up, sit down, or any other number of ways that it is delivered, I can’t get enough of humour. I adore stand up comics like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Sam Kinison, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Russell Peters, Margaret Cho, Demetri Martin, Nikki Payne, Dave Chappelle, Bill Maher, Russell Brand, Daniel Tosh…I love stand up! I would love to spend the afternoon with one of my newest “must watch” individuals, Karl Pilkington. I’ve apparently been living under a rock for a number of years as I’ve just recently discovered him, but I can’t get over how much this guy makes me laugh. Seriously…check out The Ricky Gervais Show or An Idiot Abroad…you’ll love it!
- Geography – I am officially a nerd for geography. I took a liking to the possibilities I was presented with in high school, and decided to major in it at university. It’s less about colouring the countries all pretty like and more about the interconnectedness of the world around us. Geography is everything! Social, cultural, historical, economic, physical…I couldn’t resist studying something that would let me look at the development of glacial landforms in one class, the spread of disease in another, how city development is influenced by transportation hub development which is influenced by topography in a third, and how to put all of those items together in a map in a fourth class. Alex, I bet you can name a prof for all of those courses too! I can’t believe I’m working in my field too…it’s fantastic!
- Dragon Age – I am in love with this game. Not since Marble Madness and Tetris have I been so obsessed with any one game. I’m currently salivating as I wait for the delivery of the sequel to Dragon Age: Origins. It’s a role-playing game with massive replay appeal…where decisions you make early in the game affect your ending…and it’s just really pretty.
- The North – this place has made me fall in love with winter. If it can do that for winter, spring, summer and autumn should be spectacular. There’s a lot of things that might make a person not like it up here, but for me, it’s an amazing place and has quickly become one of my favourite things.
Now, enough about me…you should really be checking out these Stylish Bloggers!
- Holly at Holly-the-Strange – Holly is taking a brief hiatus from blogging, but when she returns, she’ll find this award waiting for her. This is definitely to celebrate her anti-style!
- Christy at Mamarazzi Pages – Christy is a wonderful photographer and often blogs about her stylin’ family!
- Kittie at Culinary Eccentricity – Kittie blogs quite a bit about some very stylish food!
- Bryoneyh at [Postage Stamp Required] – Bryoneyh blogs about her adventures through post-graduate life as a single woman…with style!
- Lorna at Gin & Lemonade – Lorna is a reader, writer and fellow crazy cat lady, so if that doesn’t exude style, I don’t know what does!